Row, row, row your boat!
A telltale sign of spring is the sight of people rowing all around Ruokolanjärvi. Starting on May Day, three rowboats will once again be there for the delight of all citizens and travelers all through the summer.
Thanks to the Ruokolax project a few years ago, everyone now has free access to rowboats, meaning anyone can hop on a boat from the beach and row around the lake, or maybe stop for some leisurely fishing in the middle.
The boats’ condition is regularly monitored, and fixes are made accordingly. If you happen to notice any defects, or that the boat needs to be repaired, we ask you to notify the Service Point Passari.
Things to remember while rowing
- let the swans nest in peace
- admire the fountain from a distance
- put your trash in the appropriate trash cans
- be mindful of other boat users
- use a life preserver ring only in case of emergency
- do not load the boat over its capacity
- have fun and enjoy the lovely lake views!